RootsTech Conference

Sunday, September 20, 2015

RootsTech Registration

RootsTech is open for Registration, and so I am going to start posting more about it. Today, because registration is open I thought it would be good to look at the Why Attend section on the RootsTech website.

Why Attend?

RootsTech is the largest family history conference in the world! The upcoming sixth annual global conference “Celebrates Families Across Generations" and has seen tremendous growth and momentum across the globe. This annual event has become the largest of its kind in the world, attracting tens of thousands of participants. RootsTech is the perfect place to discover and share your family’s stories and connections, regardless of knowledge or experience level.

I have gone for two years and each time people of different experience levels have come will me, and each time we found the perfect classes

Be Inspired: World Class Speakers

Each day at RootsTech, the conference begins with an inspiring general session with world-famous speakers. In past years, keynote speakers have included former first lady Laura Bush and daughter Jenna Hager, entertainer Donny Osmond, blogger and author Ree Drummond, and more.

I attended all of those keynotes, and they were amazing, and as it says inspiring. I can't wait until they announce this years keynotes! On the RootsTech Website the speakers for the classes are announced already.

Have Fun: Enjoy Exciting Entertainment

RootsTech provides an opportunity to relax and enjoy some time to let your brain unwind. We have big plans for the entertainment this year and are excited to make that announcement shortly. For now, anticipate a high-energy and fun act on Thursday at the annual Opening Night Social, February 4 at 6:00 pm. Additionally, there will be a closing event on Saturday, February 6 at 5:00 pm with entertainment you won’t want to miss!

My favorite entertainment night last year was on Saturday, it was Studio C and David Archaleta (I hope I spelled that right!) It was awesome, I got some extra tickets for that night and my friend came, we had so much fun, you won't want to miss these events!

Learn Something: Over 200 Engaging Classes

How can Pinterest and Facebook help with family history? How can you use your smartphone or tablet to preserve and share family memories? How can DNA help you discover your family? More than 200 different classes with experts from all over the world will teach the latest tricks and techniques on how to track down ancestors and preserve your family stories.

Just like I said before, there are classes for everybody. Beginners and the most experienced!

Try It Out: Hands-on Exploration

The RootsTech Expo Hall is packed with interactive experiences to put all that learning into practice. The biggest companies in family history, including Ancestry.com, MyHeritage, and findmypast will be on hand to walk guests through exactly how to find, preserve, and share their family histories. Attendees can record stories, scan photos, and receive personal advice and training in using the latest tools.

I had a problem with my family tree where my great grandmothers line would disappear after her, I kept filling it in and when I logged back on another day it was gone! My mom and I got some help in the expo hall and now it is fixed.

My grandma liked the free sodas, she called it the mormon bar. There was even a guy in a tux handing out the drinks she said. She also appreciated the help that she received by learning how to index. She spent probably a hour indexing until it was time for our next class. 

1 comment:

  1. Mormon bars! Ha ha! Sounds like it's a really cool event. David Archuleta and Studio C, sign me up!

    ReplyDelete