RootsTech Conference

Friday, February 10, 2017

RootsTech Days 2 & 3

Thursday:
We started off the day bright and early with a tour of the expo hall. It was super cool to see the final touches going up.

Displaying IMG_6192.JPG


After an amazing tour we headed over to the keynote. The property brothers did an amazing job! I loved hearing them speak about their family.

Displaying IMG_6208.JPG


Another cool thing that RootsTech has is innovators alley in the expo hall. I went and visited the vendors there, they have a lot of cool ideas!

Displaying IMG_6211.JPG

That night, after a wonderful dinner at the Nauvoo cafe, I attended the Hammerstein Mormon tab concert with my grandparents. At the concert Forever announced their partnership with family search.

Friday:
I started off the day crazy!! I slept through my alarm and so my dad woke me right as we were supposed to leave. I'm pretty sure I got ready in record time. We made it right before the keynote was going to start. It was amazing! Levar Burton gave a stirring address and there wasn't a dry eye in the room! After him Kenyatta Berry, Sheri Camp, and, Melvin Collier spoke.
Displaying IMG_6220.JPG
At the end of the keynote, they had a choir come and sing, It was awesome!

Displaying IMG_6221.JPG
As everyone left to go to their various classes we stayed put and watched the innovators showdown. Remember how I said I left in a rush? Well as the showdown was starting I looked down to see my shirt inside out!! Some days your on top of your game, and other days you wander around RootsTech with an inside out shirt. After I got over that shock :), I turned my attention toward the showdown. It was intense! After some deliberation, the judges decided to choose OldNews USA as the innovators showdown winner.

Displaying IMG_6245.JPG


I didn't attend the cultural night, but I'm sure it was amazing! Hope to see you at family discovery day tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment