RootsTech Conference

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Descendency view, have you tried it?

At the BYU family history I was introduced to the new descendency view on family search. It is amazing! You can learn so much that way! You click on expand, above your name and then it pulls up a box. You then select a parent or grandparent and you can see their tree. It show you the children, the, grandparents, the great-grandparents, ect. I love it it is also an effective way to find temple names. There is a drop down box where you can select what you want it to show to. Here are the steps with pictures:

1) Click on your name and click on a person in the pop up box:


2) Select settings, what it is going to show:


3) Look at it and use it!:


It is different then you usually see and it will take a little bit to get used to it, but in the long run it will great. If you have more questions about it and want more detail, email me at Ruby@cascadefamily.com. I will email you back a detailed packet.

1 comment:

  1. You have so much to teach me when I come up next. I am amazed at all you know.

    ReplyDelete