- Go to familysearch.org/indexing and click Get Started.
- Follow the download instructions.
- Open the indexing program using the new indexing icon on your desktop.
- Sign in with your FamilySearch or LDS Account.
- Enter your profile information.
- Read and agree to the license agreement.
- Click Download Batch.
- Select a project to index.
To download a set (or batch) of obituaries to index, do the following:
- While in the indexing program, click the Download Batch button.
- Select Show all projects.
- Scroll down to US indexing projects, and select a project that includes the word “Obituaries.”
- Click OK.
- A message will pop up offering help. Use the help resources as needed, and then click Close to begin indexing the batch.
(once again sorry about the highlighting, I think it happens when I copy and paste)
Once again all credit to Family Search, they make it more clear than I could have.